Upcoming biotech and pharma events 2018
The upcoming conferences for leaders and experts in the biotech and pharma industries contain a few gems, which we've highlighted here. Themes this year include challenges in collaboration, renewable chemicals, agriculture, big data and artificial intelligence.
Palais des congrès, Montréal, 12–17 August 2018
This 18th edition of the symposium is co-organised by the National Research Council of Canada, McGill University, University of Waterloo and BIOTECanada.
The event offers a great forum for exchanging ideas and networking with over 1000 attendees, including biotechnology scientists, engineers and other relevant specialists from 50 countries. In line with this year's theme of "supporting a healthy world", the event will focus on how biotechnology is revolutionising the development of innovative medicines, sustainable agriculture, new energy sources and environmental remediation.
- Biotechnology foundations and innovations
- Pharmaceutical and health biotechnologies
- Agricultural, forest and marine biotechnologies
- Industrial and environmental biotechnologies
- Bioenergy and biorefinery
- Business track and national biomanufacturing
- David R. Liu, Vice Chair of the Faculty at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
- Jean-Marie Lehn, Professor at University of Strasbourg
- Aaron Ciechanover, 2004 Nobel laureate in Chemistry
- Stanley N. Cohen and Kwoh-Ting Li, Professor of Genetics and Professor of Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine
Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, 27–31 August 2018
The Immuno-Oncology Summit brings together over 600 leaders from medium and large, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. There'll also be leading universities, emerging companies, vendors of tools and clinical research institutions. This summit is a perfect place to meet and gain actionable insight from leaders, about the latest developments in immunotherapy programs. There'll be round table discussions, reviews of the latest research, displays of the latest technology solutions and over 150 presentations.
- Immunomodulatory antibodies
- Combination immunotherapy
- Neoantigen targeted therapies
- Personalised cancer vaccines
- Preclinical and translational IO
- Jennifer Brogdon, Director of Exploratory Immuno-oncology at Novartis
- Greggory C. Simon, President at Biden Cancer Initiative
- Adam J. Adler, Professor of Immunology at University of Connecticut
- Philip Arlen, President and CEO at Precision Biologics
- Daniel Levey, Senior Director of Vaccine Research at Agenus Inc.
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, Amsterdam, 11–13 September 2018
This event will bring together industry leaders from pharmaceutical companies like Novartis, GSK, AstraZeneca and Janssen. They will be giving insight into analytics and optimisation, and how you can translate data into effective real-world strategies. Experts will be sharing real-life examples and case studies from which you can learn. You'll also get to join round table discussions about applying data and AI to business strategies.
- Data topics
- Advanced analytics
- Real-world data
- Digital health
- Machine learning and AI
- Samiul Hasan, Director of Data Curation at GSK
- Pascal Bouquet, Global Head of Technology and Architecture for Drug Development at Novartis
- Mats Sundgren, Principal Scientist at AstraZeneca
- Nigel Hughes, Scientific Director at Janssen
Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan, Frankfurt, 19–20 September 2018
CIEX brings together experts in R&D and innovation, from industries including speciality, consumer and fine chemicals. Key companies presenting at this event include Dow DuPont, Unilever, DSM, Merck, BASF, Air Liquide and many more. You'll get to explore cutting-edge chemical breakthroughs and connect with innovators, investors, and budget holders.
- Examining the global trends shaping the future of the chemical industry
- Plastics in a changing environment
- Capturing new global and regional opportunities, across the chemical value chain
- Innovation-led growth from marketing and science insights
- Strategic considerations for innovation and commercialisation in renewables
- Rafael Cayuela, Chief Economist at The Dow Chemical Company
- Michael Doyle, Senior Director Corporate Development and Principal Scientist at BioVia, Dassault Systems
- Dr. Stephen Altmann, Strategic Innovation Management at BASF
- Nelleke van der Puil, Vice President of Materials at Lego
PatSnap will be a sponsor at this event, so come over to our exhibition stand to learn about our latest developments and how we can help you.
Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, 16-19 July 2018
The 2018 BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology event will feature the latest in industrial biotechnology innovation. You'll get to network with 1000 business leaders and policy makers from around the world. Plus, you can showcase your brand in front of potential business partners and investors, through the Bio One-on-One partnering system.
- Renewable chemicals making headway into new materials and consumer bio-based products
- Emergence and commercialisation of next generation ingredients
- How biology is transforming the future of our food system
- Technology assessment and biotech industry collaborations—how to avoid IP risks when evaluating inventions or sharing your technology
- Industrial biotechnology intelligence
- Pamela Spence, Global Life Sciences Industry Leader at EY
- John Alam, CEO at EIP Pharma
- Kevin Ali, President at Merck & Co
- Albert Allen, Senior Medical Fellow at Eli Lily and Company
Find out about the latest trends in synthetic biology
Synthetic biology is one of the newest and fastest growing fields in the scientific realm—with applications across chemicals, pharma, energy and agriculture (among others). Download this free eBook—which analyses patent data— to learn about cross-industry applications, unexpected competitors and collaborators, revolutionary technologies still at an embryonic stage, and much more.