Upcoming IP events in 2018 you should mark in your calendar
This year there is a great lineup of intellectual property conferences all over the globe. Some of the key themes in this year’s events include challenges with artificial intelligence and the patent system, challenges in biotechnology and pharmaceutical patents, building awareness of IP within organisations and establishing patent protection in foreign markets.
Whether you’re attending a one day conference or spending a few days there, there are plenty of learning opportunities for everyone. This year there will be some notable keynote speakers, and plenty of opportunities to network and share ideas with other IP professionals.
Global IP Exchange Europe
Berlin, Germany 12-14 March 2018
Source: Global IP Exchange Europe
This year’s Global IP Exchange will bring together 100 of the leading heads of intellectual property to share ideas, best practices and make new connections.
- Building awareness of IP value within your organisation
- Becoming a driving force for innovation
- Working in partnership with the R&D department
- Driving efficiency of the legal department with the latest legal technology
- Head of patents at Audi
- Chief IP counsel of Johnson Controls
- VP of IP from Air Liquide
- CEO of Thyssenkrupp Intellectual Property GmbH
You’ll get the chance to learn from your peers through interactive round-table discussions and debates, networking and in-depth case studies. You will also have the opportunity to have one-to-one business meetings with other attendees.
PatSnap will be attending this event and leading a workshop on, “How IP leaders can become strategic collaborators to R&D”—we’d love for you to join us.
Life Sciences Patent Network
Boston, USA 26 April 2018
Source: Life Sciences Patent Network
This is a must for biotechnology and pharmaceutical IP professionals. The 2nd annual Life Sciences Patent Network in North America will be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Boston.
There will be round-table discussions to allow groups to share views on a range of topics. Biopharma manufacturers will have the chance to attend open clinics in which in-house counsel can quiz private patent attorneys from around the globe about their own patent issues.
- Global patent enforceability
- Recent developments in pharma patent case law in Japan
- Patent protection for cutting edge biologics innovations
- SVP and global chief of IP counsel at Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Partner at Smart & Biggar
- Head of global IP at AstraZeneca
- Head of patents at Novartis
There will also be Q&A sessions—so you can ask some of the leaders in the industry your burning questions.
San Francisco, USA 10-12 June 2018
Source: IPBC Global
IAM will be hosting this year’s 11th annual IPBC Global event at Palace Hotel in San Francisco. Senior IP leaders will be sharing strategic insights into how you can tackle challenges in today’s constantly changing IP landscape, such as:
- How licensing programmes are changing
- How to be successful before PTAB
- Dos and don’ts of IP transactions in China
- How to use data to maximise effectiveness of IP strategies
- Industry focusses on the challenges and trends in the semiconductor and artificial intelligence spaces
- Andrei Iancu—USPTO director
Other key speakers:
- President of the European Patent Office
- Chief IP officer at Ericsson
- Chief patent counsel at Dolby Laboratories
- Global head of IP at Uber
PatSnap will be one of the sponsors for this event, so make sure your pop over to our exhibition stand to learn more about our latest developments and how we can help you.
Technology Patent Network Europe
London, UK 21 June
Source: Technology Patent Network Europe
Software supremoes, semiconductor superstars, electronics experts and manufacturing masters—this event is for you. This one day event is hosted by the World Intellectual Property Review at The Bloomsbury Hotel in London.
One of the key themes of this event will be artificial intelligence and its effect on the patent system, especially because the patent system isn’t designed to cope with IP protection to non-human innovation.
You’ll have the opportunity to have round table discussions and share ideas with IP professionals in the tech industry. There will be opportunities for in-house counsel to attend open clinics, where private patent attorneys can advise you on your current patent issues.
- IP Counsel of IBM UK
- GM of IP and VP of research business development at IBM
- Managing director of 4iP Council EU
World IP Forum
New Delhi, India 14-16 November 2018
Source: World IP Forum
The theme for this event is “Global Innovation 2020: A strategic vision for economic growth.” This three-day conference will focus on recent developments in IP and how you can align them with your business goals.
This event is a must for anyone protecting IP in India and the ASEAN region.
- Patent protection and litigation strategies in the Middle East and North Africa
- Patent monetisation
- University-industry collaboration
Some renowned IP leaders will be participating in panel discussions and there will be plenty of opportunities to network with your peers.
- General counsel of Tata technologies
- CEO of Thyssenkrupp Intellectual Property
- Patent counsel at Google
Find out how you can enhance your IP strategy
Download this eBook to find out how you can use patent landscapes to add value to your patent portfolio.